Sunday, January 20, 2008

Truths My Mother Told Me

You know when you do or say something that causes your mother to lecture you? And these words go round and round in your head, no matter how old you get? I'm sure my mom's passing them on only because she's trying to get exorcise what her mother's told her. Here's a sampling.

-Mejor sola que mal acompaƱada (better to be alone than to be with bad company)
-Keep your nose clean – literally and figuratively
-Your allowance is a privilege…not an entitlement
-Your inheritance is a privilege..not an entitlement
- Cada loco con su tema (Spanish verison of “every pot has its own cover”- ain't that right)
-If you buy a house with 45 steps to the front door and your mother has a heart condition, don’t expect her to visit you.
-When you have your own kids, you’ll know what I mean
-Several apples have fallen far from the tree.

Coming soon: Lies My Mother Told Me

0 comments: