Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Royal Scoop is Born

Now I know what happens to people who take too much time off from work. They learn new skills. Or they hone their already sharpened skills. In my case, the month of December was the start of an extended vacation. In just 6 weeks, I've gotten REALLY good at eating, drinking and travelling. I'm now in a class all my own at spending time with family and friends just sitting and chatting..wine glass in hand, of course, and an opinion ready to fly, whether it's asked for or not. It's frightening how good one can get at this. Or...how much better one can get!

While strolling through the Christmas markets in Germany last December, taking tons of pictures and discovering all sorts of new things that I knew I wanted to share, I thought.... why not start a blog. Many friends and colleagues ask me for tips on hot spots in cities around the world, restaurants local and abroad....what's in, what's out (me, being a former fashionista), what's hot..whats not. And, sometimes they ask me for my opinion on people, politics, business (though never about stocks-I suck at that). Sometimes they dont ask, but I give it to them anyway.

So the Royal Scoop was born at 3am this morning, while I was half awake/half asleep (many co-workers -Hi, Suzanne!!- have suffered from my 3am musings all sent illegibly via blackberry). I figured....it was time to jot down all these thoughts and experiences I've been lucky to have and besides, my blackberry notes page can't handle many more mini-journals.

The best part, I think, is asking my friends to contribute and submit their opinions especially if they dont agree with me. Case in point: I love the restaurant Quince on Octavia street in SF. Their pastas make me want to sing. The restaurant doesn't do anything for my good friend John. But that's ok--he and I just don't eat there together. It's called agreeing to disagree...the foundation of all long term relationships.

So here goes. I've entered the blogosphere (thank you, Brian Fuller). Welcome to Queenie's world. Here, you'll find the scoop on everything from food, wine, fashion, movies, tv, books, gadgets, technology, business, travel, people (especially those we love or love to hate) and whatever else you think is fair game. :)

0 comments: