Monday, November 23, 2009

It's been a while....

Well hello there!! It's been approximately 18 months since my last posting, which was all about interviewing tips. I guess I used my own tips so well that I got a job 2 months after. Well, here I sit, eating my words: I am back in the chip industry. Someone once told me: once you get in..you never get out. You got that right! But in all the stress of work, I need a creative outlet. Or actually, I just need a RANT and RAVE outlet.

In the last 18 months, Facebook and Twitter have taken over as the voyeurism-driven, curiosity- feeding, gossip-spreading forum of banter and chitchat. But hey, what if I REALLY want to let my hair down, and give you my opinion, without someone taking offense? That's the problem with FB - SOMEONE always takes offense (and in my world, if you cant take the heat...get out of....Facebook!!!! :) ) In a blog, however, I have the ability to say what I think (me of many opinions). If you don't like it, then don't come here and read it--but if you still do out of some twisted, guilty pleasure, who am I to take that away from you?

On the other hand, I post strange and (I guess) entertaining comments about my trips and travails, trials and tribulations here at home and around the world in FB so why not here instead? What I see and hear (chatty cabby in London; nasty cabby in SFO), more importantly- what I eat (macarons in Paris, fresh fish swimming in a pool of hot chili soup in Beijing) and drink (let's not go there) and read (FT article about a Filipino blogger who lives in a small hole in a the wall but got a front row seat beside Anna Wintour of Vogue; an AMAZING book called "The Elegance of the Hedgehog) and other gas-inducing, mind-blowing, hair-raising experiences will be fodder for this blog. After all, between kids, work, a whacky family and even whackier friends, I have one just about every week. Possibly banal and boring to some but otherwise entertaining to others. My sis encouraged me to get back on it cos she wanted to live vicariously through me. Oh, why the heck not!

So, folks, I'm resurrecting my blog. Primarily for friends who GET it, strangers who WANT to get it, and those that WONT EVER get it but want something to criticize and talk about behind my back. Hahahahahha I might as well make it easy for you.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a snob and I have opinions. I am, after all, my mother's daughter. You may not agree with my opinions, but that's not the point. Arguments, opposition, comments and just plain silence -- all are welcome, but this is MY blog (you can start your own if you want). I also retain the right to repost some super funny stories I hear from friends (CB Bentley, you might want to start thinking of your next story).

Welcome back and stay tuned. I'm sure I'll have some dastardly story soon about the 20 pound turkey that I have to start brining tomorrow. Like my friend Sonia Parotti from Italy today told me: "This is not a good week for turkeys".

2 comments:

Greeley's Ghost said...

Welcome back, Queenie! It's been too long!

Lulu said...

I love it! hahaha welcome to the world of the bloggerazzi! I'm signing in from my personal blog but you know me as your dearly love cheester. Dang, you mean I can't steal your stories anymore???