Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm back and I'm Pissed! (Blame it on Passwords and Cables)

Someone reminded me today that it's been 7 weeks since I last blogged. I have no excuse other than I've been busier than a bee....and to think I'm actually on a paid vacation. But this is a good venue to vent about two things that royally piss me off.

1. Passwords. I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to get into this blog so I can post. Forgot my password. Sometime ago this site told me that the same password I use for most other things is "weak". So today, I have a password for my bank, my credit card bills, my healthcare, wsj.com and nytimes.com, my investment banker's site, my multiple email addresses, my car's online payment site, and this blog site, etc etc etc......and all of which are different. Not my fault. Some want 6 characters..some want 8, some want text and numbers, some want that with a symbol, blah..blah...blah. Jesus H. Christ, when will someone figure out that this is a problem for those of us with age-accelerated-attention-deficit disorder!!!!!???

2. Cables. If I removed all the cables in my bag, my left shoulder would be even with my right. In my bag, as I'm sure is in yours, are cables for my mobile phone, laptop, ipod, etc, etc. Then, I have to bring plug converters for Europe, the UK (not part of Europe, of course) and Asia. That's on top of the already-entangled wires for my iPod earphones, mobile phone headset, webcam and a slew of others. My laptop weighs a mere 3 pounds. But wouldn't you know it.....the list above weights 5. I will kiss the hands of the person who invents a one-plug/one-cable fits all.

Ok. Enough venting. It's a beautiful sunny day. I'm sorry it's snowing in Munich and raining in London. I love California in the spring.

0 comments: